Saturday, November 22, 2008

Day 22

Today Chris decided to make my Grandpa's famous Amaretto Cake. Gpa always used a Dunkin Heinz yellow cake, and Chris wants to try and make it from scratch with no box mixes. So today he is making it and I sit here smelling this cake cook, and it smells yummy, and I watch as Chris puts the drizzle on the cake and now the cake looks and smells like my Gpa's cake. Yeah, the emotional side in me kicked in and I got all teary eyed. This will be the first Thanksgiving without my Grandpa, and Thanksgiving was the last holiday I got to spend with my cousin Adrianne.

On a happier note, Kathryn is having a slumber party tonight with 6 of her friends from school. Should be fun. Brandon's getting better every day, and Ashlyn has def. hit 3 1/2yrs old. Not sure why the 1/2 yrs are so bad, but she's got full attitude.

Im off to finish cleaning and try this yummy cake.
Shel

No comments: