Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Neurologist

So I had my appt today.
I was a nervous wreck.
The Neurologist was very nice, and very thorough (sp?)

He said as far as the Cerebellar Tonsillar Ectopia, he's not worried about it. He still wants to see the MRI Images himself but says that a slight deviation of them is ok/ somewhat normal.
He believes the symptoms I have are Migraine related. But he is consirned about the spotty vision with the flashing lights, and he is also consirned about my being partially paralized on the left side the one night. He said it didnt last long enough to be a stroke, but wants to run a few tests kinda like the MRI to check the arteries in the brain, its called an MRA. He also thinks I have some carparel tunnel (sp?) in my right arm. He also made Chris laugh when he said that the tingling feeling in my legs and arms is probably migraine related, but also could be from me talking so fast and not taking very big breaths. Yeah, real funny.
He was also consirned with some weird patches of skin I have. I had surgery when I was 2 and 4 to remove them off my leg, but I also have one on my stomach. Its been biopsied for cancer because of the one on my leg, but came up clear. So he wants to do the MRA and see the MRI results and keep in the back of his notes about the spots... He said something about them possibly being a sign of some weird name and that he's not going to worry about it quite yet.. Again he made Chris laugh by saying.. you dont check under the hood if you have a flat tire.
So, for now, everything is great, I can totally deal with Migraines.
Ahhhhhh relief.

Lots of Love,
Shel

No comments: