Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Good Night Prayer


Now I lay me down to sleep,
pray the lord my soul to keep.

Angels watch me thru the night
and wake me with the morning light.

God bless Mommy and Daddy,
Brother and Sister,
All my family, and All my friends.
God bless baby Kevin.

AMEN

This is the prayer we say every night.
Ashlyn now knows it all by herself, and its just adorable to hear her say it.
Well last night, we said our prayer, I tucked her in and said good night. She looked at me and said.. Mama, what does My soul to keep mean?
I just stood there with a HUGE smile on my face. I couldnt believe my almost 3yr old was asking me this question. I took a breath and told her that it means you have Jesus in your heart and one day you want to go to heaven. She said ok, and rolled over and went to sleep.
I do have to say, my heart was a little full last night after tucking her in.
I was totally amazed that she now knows the prayer all by herself, but she actually understands the words. I am blown away.

I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did.
Shel

No comments: