Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Dr. Appt

Well I went to the dr. today.

He said I have some degenerative change at the L5-S1 that is encroaching upon the neural foamen bilaterally. Really thats big talk for I am having some wearing of the disk and some arthritis but nothing real serious. Some streatching exercises and more anti-inflamitories and I should be good as new in no time.

He said I have no tumors or anything in my brain, but it does show Cerebellar tonsillar ectopia. He didnt have much information on it, but wants me to see a neurologist. Ok, so I did the worst thing ever and came home and researched it. BIG MISTAKE!
Apparently its an overcrowding and compressing near the back of the head (cerebellum area) and its pushing everything down and compressing everything. This could be the cause of my headaches, visual disturbances, numbness and loss of feeling the one night and from what I was reading the only cure for this is decompression.. or cutting a chunk of your skull out of the back of your head making room for everything.
OK can you say FREAKED OUT?!?!
It looks like you can either be born with this, or it can be caused from head injury, I will be curious to find out if this was caused from the car accidnent or not. Anyway I go to the neurologist Next wednesday at 2:15 and we will know more then.

I really hope this isnt going to be real serious.
Love you all,
Shel

No comments: