Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas ornaments

Well, we finally have a tree. Because we were going to move we put off getting the tree, then when we found out we were not going to move we finally went out to get one. Since it was so late in the season we decided to skip the tree farm and just get a pre-cut tree. That was a nightmare since Lowes didnt have anymore and we were stuck getting a road side tree. That wouldnt be so bad, but we just had a terrible ice storm so everything was covered in ice. We brought home the tree and defrosted it in the garage overnight and its now sitting in my livingroom waiting to be decorated.

Last night we decided to go buy new ornaments and they are all sitting on the table waiting to be hung. We have a tradition every year everyone gets to pick out a new ornament. I usually pick out an Angel one in memory of my cousin Adrianne. Last night I was pleased to find the cow ornament our friends Matt and Dawn bought in memory of their beautiful son Kevin. I just had to buy it. I always want to be reminded of the sweet little boy that we were so lucky to have known and loved.

Today I got out my box of ornaments and started going thru them. I should remember that this is a very hard time for me, as some of the ornaments have special meaning to me. The first one that caught my eye was an ornament we were given the first Christmas after Adrianne was taken from us. "Merry Christmas From Heaven." It has a poem that goes with it and it always leaves me in tears. The why's come back and the pain hurts. But I remember that we were lucky to be family for a short period of time and I am greatful for that. Then I saw my Max, and Isis ornaments and the tears began to fall again. Max and Isis were our old dogs that have passed away. So I sat there looking at Kevin's, Adrianne's, Max, and Isis's ornaments and cried. And now I am waiting for Chris to come home so we can put all the sad, silly, funny, happy, and new memories up on the tree and enjoy the wonderful smell of the tree, and the spirit of the holiday fill the house as the kids anxiously count down 4 more days till Santa comes.


I miss you sweet Adrianne and Kevin, but you will always be in my heart, and never ever forgotten. I will celebrate your memory every year when I place your ornaments upon my tree.
Merry Christmas from Heaven
I still hear the songs
I still see the lights
I still feel your love
on cold wintery nights
I still share your hopes
and all of your cares
I'll even remind you
to please say your prayers
I just want to tell you
you still make me proud
You stand head and shoulders
above all the crowd.
Keep trying each moment
to stay in His grace
I came here before you
to help set your place.
You don't have to be
perfect all of the time
He forgives you the slip
If you continue the climb.
To my family and friends
please be thankful today
I'm still close beside you
In a new special way.
I love you all dearly
now don't shed a tear
Cause I'm spending my
Christmas with Jesus this year.
~ by John Wm. Mooney Jr.

Lots of Love,
Shel

No comments: