Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday of the year.
I love getting together with the whole family and not having the kids worried about when we are going to open presents, or do the egg hunt. Everyone just gets together and has a great time and you just think about what you are thankful for.

This Thanksgiving, although was yummy and a great family get together, was also filled with sadness. A great family friend, Gene Lindstrom had a terrible tractor accident and is no longer with us. Gene and his wife Jan, were best friends with Chris' parents. They were "traveling buddies". They had all just gone on a week long road trip and had the most wonderful time. As Carol put it in her speech, who knew that 48hrs later he would be gone. Carol also said that he was the most outgoing person she had ever met. He would talk to anyone, would always help anyone who needed it, and was just a wonderful caring person. He was a random act of kindness kinda person. So when you are out and about shopping for Christmas, try to look around and see if anyone needs help, say hello with a smile to the person next to you, and most of all, make sure you tell the people you love that you love them.

What are you thankful for this year?
I am thankful for my family, my children, my husband, all of my friends, and I am thankful to live closer to home. I am thankful that my children are healthy. I am thankful to have all of our parents and grandparents in our lives. I am thankful for all the love that surrounds me every single day. ( Im am thankful for my clothes, ha ha ha, remember that Cassie?)
Oh, and I am def. thankful for chocolate! : )

Everyone here at the Power house is doing pretty well.
Ashlyn is having some trouble with her breathing and is back on breathing treatments. We are hoping this doesnt land us in the hospital as it always has in the past.
Brandon's face is healing nicely, and he is still crazy as ever.
Kathryn is growing up way to fast for me, and is just beautiful... I am soo scared HA!
Chris is doing well with his job, still likes it, and has become quite the woodworking baker..
He enjoys building things out of wood, and can cook up a mean turtle pie and chocolate chip cookies. YUMMY! He's def. a hit with all the mom's on the train when he brings in chocolate.
I am busy cleaning like mad for Christmas.. I am very excited that my parents will be coming up Christmas eve and staying the night to be here Christmas day to open presents with the kids.
I hope we can turn this into a tradition.

I hope everyone is doing well, and had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I send you all Lots of Love,
Shel

1 comment:

ALF said...

Shelly;

Glad to hear you had a good holiday. We are working in Cedar Rapids this week. Tony's birthday is tomorrow and mine is Saturday so it's fun to be out of town! Each kid is coming alone to spend time with us...and my cousin Ali
(10)...Will is first, Zoey comes tomorrow, and TJ comes over the weekend. Take care...ALF