Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Adrianne Reynolds

I was going to write about the inauguration, but realized what today was.
4yrs ago today my cousin Adrianne Leigh Reynolds was brutally murdered.


4 yrs ago you were taken away from us.
4 yrs does not take away the pain and sadness of you being gone.
4 yrs does not make it any easier, or the pain any less.
4 yrs is a long time, yet when the pain comes back,
its still as hard and as strong as the day you were taken from us.



So much good has been done in your name, and we continue to do things in a positive way. You are always in our thougths, and you are always near our heart.So many times I wonder how you would have lived your life. What would you be doing right now? Would you be in love? Would you be a mother? Would you be in the Marines? Would you have tried out for American Idol? Yes, I still watch the show, and yes, I still cry and think of you when I watch it.
I miss you Adrianne.


4 yrs later, and I am no closer to getting the why's answered.

4 yrs later, and still no peace with what happened to you. I really hope you are looking down on us, and you are at peace. I really hope that you are singing with the angels, and that you are helping God take care of the children in heaven. I really hope that some day, we will see each other again.


I miss you Adrianne.
Lots of Love,
Shel

1 comment: