Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Think positive, be positive

Ok, I have been in a funk for a while now.
Nothing seems to shake it. I have to do something different.

Chris says Think positive, be positive...
So I'll give it a try.

I wonder if it works with Think skinny, be skinny?... Hmm good thought.

Lets see, this could be fun...
Think warm, be warm?
Think rich, be rich? (I am rich with family and friends... ahhh (barf) )
Think clean house, be a clean house?

Anyway, I am going to try to make sure I think of a few happy things everyday, and try to be greatful for all the wonderful things I do have in my life. I need to exercise more, eat better, stop snacking, make sure the people I love know it, and take some time for myself. I think I would like to read more, and walk more.

I really need to work with the dog more or he will never be a therapy dog. That was one of the biggest things I wanted to do with this dog. He got sick and training stopped. I have been working again with sit, come, and walking on a leash. He really is a good boy, but will be so much better with some "manners". I brought him to Bran's school one day and they loved him and LOVED the idea of starting a reading program where the kids with reading problems can read to him. It will encourage them to read, they will look forward to their reading time, they wont have to worry about other kids making fun of them or reading to slow. I am really excited about this. I am also going to talk to a local nursing home and see ab out bringing him for visits. It will be good training for him and also they will enjoy seeing our big loverboy. I know everyone from the train just loves him.

See I feel better just thinking about it.. Im actually thinking of myself 2 pant sizes small.. NICE !

Have a great night,
Lots of Love,
Shel

1 comment:

The Zookeeper said...

I'll have to find an article that Matt sent me. It was talking about how you need to act how you want to be. I am not a cleaner, but if I want to be I could I just need to act that way. Easier than it sounds, but my point is you can change who you are by acting the way you want to be.

Another thing that has really helped me is concentrating on the ability to think beyond myself. I, of course, know I have to take care of myself, but it has helped me to concentrate on how to treat others and do things to help others. Volunteering was great for me in that way.

The title of your post is great, you can be a positive person by only concentrating on the positive and not dwelling on negative.