Saturday, May 2, 2009

Kevin Matthew Kruse

November 7, 2005 - May 2, 2008

Has it really been a year?
I sit here today, in this beautiful sunny day, and I am so very sad. 1 yr ago today, our friends Matt and Dawn lost their 2.5yr old son Kevin. Kevin was born with many heart problems, but he survived so many problems. He was so amazing. This little boy could make anyone smile. He was so happy, so strong, he was just the most perfect little boy ever. If you just met him, you would NEVER believe everything he's been through. For me, since I never had to give him medications, the only real reminder was when you picked him up and you felt his pacemaker or his scar. Man, it was so easy to forget this strong beautiful boy had been so very sick.

I remember the last time I saw him. We didnt live in the Quad Cities anymore, so we didnt see him that often. But the last time I remember seeing him, we were over playing cards. He sat in my lap and just giggled and smiled at me. He'd snuggle in and I'd pop out his pacifier and he'd start cracking up laughing. He usually had a few of them so he'd just pop in another one. Then he'd quiet down, and slowly look up at me again and smile... POP, I'd take that one out too, and everytime I'd lay it on the take so he could pop another one back in. He would just start cracking up laughing over and over again. I wish that night could have gone on forever for all of us. The Kruse's, the Tackett's, and the Power's, and all of our fav. little man. Man, I really do miss you little guy.

Matt, Dawn, and Emily,
I love you guys very much, and I am so sorry for the loss of Kevin. I am so greatful that we got to know Kevin, and share in how wonderful he was. He is so missed by many. We are thinking about you today, and sending our love to you.

Shel, Chris,
Kathryn, Brandon, and Ashlyn.



1 comment:

Matt said...

Thanks for the nice memories and remembering Kevin and us yesterday.