Thursday, October 2, 2008

My buddy

Bran Buster Brown,
How do you not look at that gorgeous smile and not fall in love with this boy?
My boy, is the sweetest, loviest, craziest, funniest, most awesome little boy EVER!
My sweet little man has been having trouble with school and I took him into the dr. He checked out his tonsils and said they were huge and scarred. He said that many times kids are misdiagnosed with ADD or learning disabilities when actually, their tonsils are enlarged causing snoring, sleep apnea, and unrestful sleep. So he suggested we go to the ENT for possible tonsillectomy. Upon going to the ENT, we were informed that not only are his tonsils enlarged but so are his adnoids.. so much that the back of his nose is 60% blocked. But thats not the worst of it, the nasal tissue is so enlarged and inflamed that the front of his nose is pretty much blocked off. Add all of it together and the Dr. is afraid Bran's got some serious sleep apnea problems. He wants his Tonsils and Adnoids removed, and a Turbinoplasty (big word for reconstruct the inside of his nose). All I was expecting was the tonsils removed. So I am a little blown away with everything that needs to be done. Im also surprised that I didnt notice him having such horrible breathing problems, but now that I know, things really make sence.
But hopefully this will help Brandon in many ways.
AND he's looking forward to all the icecream and popsicles.

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Brandon is such a sweet kid. I hope his surgery goes well and this helps him in many ways.